Selecting the right bathroom fittings in the UK is crucial when it comes to designing your dream bathroom. The choices are endless. From toilets to sinks and taps to showers. We’re here for you to help guide you.
When looking to have bathroom fittings installed, we always recommend you seek the expertise of a professional company, such as 101 Home Inspection. A reputable company will ensure to safely and efficiently install any bathroom fittings you desire.
This article will explore the vast array of bathroom fittings that are available in the UK, and provide valuable tips for choosing the right ones to suit your needs and style. Read on to get expert advice, whether you’re planning a bathroom remodel or upgrading just a few components.
Understanding Your Bathroom Fittings
It’s important that you understand the different types of bathroom fittings available in the UK before diving into the details:
- Faucets and Taps: There are many different styles of taps. These include mixer taps as well as pillar and wall-mounted taps. When choosing taps, consider the water pressure and design of your bathroom.
- Showers There are many options, from power showers to rain showers. Consider your desired water pressure, the heating system and available space.
- Toilets: Toilets have evolved far beyond their basic function. There are many options, from the standard close-coupled to wall-hung with hidden cisterns. Take into account the size of your bathroom and how you like to clean it.
- Sinks. Sink options include countertop basins and under-mount sinks. You should choose a sink that fits your space and aesthetic preference.
Choose the right bathroom fittings
Let’s look at some tips that will help you make an informed decision now that you know the different types of bathroom fittings on offer:
- Functionality first: Take into consideration the functionality of each fitting. Does it meet your everyday needs? If you live in a busy home, for example, a dual flush toilet will help save water.
- Water Efficiency: Due to the UK’s concern for the environment, choose water-efficient fittings. Water Labels are a symbol that indicates reduced water usage.
- Style and Design Your bathroom fittings must match your design vision. There are bathroom fittings that will match your style preferences, whether you like a minimalist, traditional, or contemporary look.
- Durability Invest in fittings of high quality that will last. They may be more expensive initially, but they will save you money over time through less maintenance and replacements.
- Compatibility – Make sure that your fittings are compatible. For a uniform look, you should coordinate the style, the finish and even the brand.
- Bathroom Space: Make sure you measure your bathroom accurately before purchasing any fittings. It is important to consider this, especially when choosing sinks and toilets.
- Installation: Factor in installation costs. Installation costs can be higher for some fittings, which will impact your budget.
The right bathroom fittings can have a major impact on your everyday life as well as the aesthetics of the space. Consider all of your options and do your research. Focus on the following: functionality, water efficiency and design, compatibility and space. You’ll be able to create a bathroom which not only meets your requirements but also reflects your personal style.
When in doubt, always consult a professional bathroom designer or fitter. You can get expert advice tailored to your needs. If you are renovating your bathroom, or just making small updates, make sure your selections reflect your vision of the perfect bathroom oasis for your UK home.